For GOOD... For EVER...
You can support a range of projects and individuals in our community. When you make a gift of cash, appreciated stocks or other assets to the Battlefords and District Community Foundation, you are making a difference forever.
You can become personally involved in how your donation benefits others by establishing a Donor Advised Fund. Have a discussion with us or your estate planner about the tax benefits you can gain by establishing a fund with us.
You can provide lasting support to your favourite cause with a single donation that will be invested to provide the maximum amount of annual income.
We can provide advice about local needs in your area of interest. We will also manage the grant administration process.
Everyone involved in the Foundation has strong ties to the community and knowledge about the needs in the Battlefords. We bring people and organizations together.
2023 Scholarships Presented to Local High School Students
Ethan Nolin received the Hazel Asmussen Fund award for fine arts. Josh Fransoo received the Peter Lewochko Fund award for education, engineering or agriculture.
Micheal Whitwell Memorial Fund Grants to Resort Village of Cochin
The Jackfish Lake Lehman Creek Breakwater Project received a grant of $11,538.35 from the Micheal Whitwell Memorial Fund. The project aims to rehabilitate the breakwater between Jackfish Lake and Murray Lake.
Nico Hawryliw Fund Grant Presentation
The 2023 grant from the Nico Hawryliw Fund was recently presented to Edam Minor Hockey. This fund was established in 2011 and has provided funding for heath, home care, BGC Battlefords, North Battleford Golf & Country Club Junior Golf program and Battlefords Trade and Education Centre.
Pictured on behalf of the Nico Hawryliw Family is Lionel Hawryliw, Nico's father, and the Edam U7 Three Stars hockey team.
New Funds Established
We are happy to announce the establishment of two new funds with us!
- The Living Sky School Division has the Living Sky Innovation Fund that will support new projects in the division. There's more info here:Innovation Fund - Living Sky School Division (livingskysd.ca)
- A brand new scholarship for psych nursing students at North West College is being funded by the Registered Psych Nurses Association – Battlefords Branch. This active group of psych nurses held a number of fundraisers over the years and they have used that income to create a fund that will provide annual scholarships for students. For more info please call/text 306-441-2961.
2018 Sask Winter Games
Deadline dates are November 15 and May 15. Application form is here.
Help for Ukrainian Refugees
Donors who would like to help those impacted by the conflict in Ukraine can do so through us. Our Caring Communities Fund is here to support community needs.
If you would like to do an online cash donation please use the Donate Now button at the bottom of the page.
You can also mail a cheque payable to: BDCF, Box 1302, North Battleford, SK S9A 3L8. Let us know which agency you would like to support from this list.
If you would like to donate shares/securities please contact us directly at 306-441-2961.
- We Build Community Vitality
- We Understand Our Communities
- We Create Opportunities for Dialogue and Inclusion
- We Embrace Partnerships
- We Tackle Pressing Issues
- We Embrace Diversity and Foster Renewal
- We Grant for Breadth and Impact
- We Build Community Assets and Champion Philanthropy
- We Learn and Share What We Know
- We are Responsive and Accountable